Thursday, February 14, 2013

solstice scents rose mallow cream


Moroccan Rose absolute, Bulgarian Rose absolute, Marshmallow Fluff, Strawberry Nectar, White Chocolate, Vanilla, White Musk.

Rose Mallow Cream was released as part of Solstice Scents' 2013 Valentine's Day collection. It is a premium perfume oil, meaning it comes in a 5ml instead of a 10ml bottle. It is, as far as I know, limited-edition, but it's been quite popular and I dearly hope it becomes part of the general catalog because it is, in a word, amazing.

As I said in a recent State of the Blog post, I have really started to love rose scents. This is new. For a long time I hated the smell of roses - they smelled musty and slightly rotten, a bit like a funeral home. But somewhere along the line the wires in my brain re-routed and now I'm completely infatuated with them. (I blame Haus of Gloi's Come Hither.) So much so that when Rose Mallow Cream went up on the SS website, I grabbed a bottle up immediately, unsniffed. Considering how quickly it sold out, I'm glad I did!

In the bottle, Rose Mallow Cream smells sweet and soft, mostly of roses and white chocolate. Wet on skin the rose is the strongest element, with a bit of sweetness from the marshmallow and white chocolate. There strawberry nectar provides just a hint of fruitiness that really compliments the other notes well. The vanilla is there, but to my nose it just mixes up with the marhsmallow and white chocolate into one lovely sweet, white smell.

Angela notes in the scent description for this that only natural rose absolute is used here, and you can tell. There is nothing synthetic or musty about this at all. She also notes that the rose is apparent up front for about an hour, and then it gets sweeter and muskier as it wears - which is exactly my experience. The white musk is never overpowering, though, it just sort of grounds the scent and keeps it from being overly sweet or candy-like.

Would I buy it again? YES. And I plan to, if it ever comes back in stock. Words cannot express how much I love this. It's easily moved into the #1 spot on my rose-based perfume list, knocking Haus of Gloi's Come Hither down to #2, which I didn't even think was possible. Angela hit it out of the park (again) with this one, and as I said, I really really really hope it goes general catalog. But just in case it doesn't, I will be watching the site like a hawk to snap up a backup bottle.

Available from: Solstice Scents

No comments:

Post a Comment